Wellness * Strength * Vitality
Pro athletes, semi-pros, college teams and even amateurs are among those who know the benefits of having regular acupuncture to improve their physical performance and give them a winning edge.
Acupuncture-Advantage wants everyone to have this competitive advantage. And we should know it helps because our founder, Linda Giorgio, is a competitive athlete herself!
Our affordable treatments can -
- Boost performance, endurance and recovery
- Prevent injuries – or treat injuries when they happen
- Support pre and post surgery recovery
- Increase focus, calm the mind and improve sleep
Here are just some of the issues Acupuncture-Advantage can improve or resolve:
- Reduce swelling, bruising and muscle spasms
- Improved blood circulation to increase range of motion
- Produce natural painkillers, anti-inflammatory and anti-stress hormones
- Calm the mind and the body, thereby lowering anxiety
An Integrative Approach
Acupuncture works well with traditional sports medicine treatments. The staff at Acupuncture-Advantage has worked in conjunction with physical therapists, chiropractors and massage therapists to help patients receive exponential results. Herbs may also be recommended as part of the overall treatment plan.
What Conditions can benefit (this is a partial list – call with questions)
- Muscle injuries
- Knee pain (acute or chronic)
- Foot and heel pain (including plantar fasciitis)
- Shin splints
- Hip pain/hip flexor strain
- Hamstring strain
- Calf pain/cramps
- Ankle pain/strain
- Shoulder, rotator cuff injuries
- Neck pain, back pain, sciatica
- Elbow pain (including tennis/golfers elbow)
- Wrist pain, strain (including carpal tunnel)
- Numbness/ tingling
- Post surgical healing
The following pro athletes have used acupuncture:
Tennis player Maria Sharapova, Iron Man champions Paula Newby-Fraser and Dave Scott; the NBA: Yao Ming, Allan Houston, and Shaquille O’Neal, MLB: Vernon Wells, Chan Ho Park, and David Cone; NFL players Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Matt Hasselbeck, Regan Upshaw, Marcellus Wiley, Will Demps, and Brian Russell; golfers Michele Wie and Fred Couples, and Olympic speed skater Kevin Overland, as well as many championship racehorses.